FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Friends and Family Discount
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:49 pm
pokee

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Yes, it can. Some companies are more strict about checking corporate ID and rate eligibility than others. Search the other threads in this forum for instances of people being banned from rental companies for coupon or contract code fraud. Where did you find your code?
The code is mostly advertised on the Mousesavers and DISBOARDS websites (X474200), so it's quite popular for Florida and California - esp. minivan rentals. Some people have reported to save up to $600. I personally saved about $400. It was almost half-price!

Apparently this is a public use Travelocity code that's been around for a few years. They do not require ID for it - it's been reported to work fine in all cases. Some people have even called in ahead of time to confirm it's use and agents have said there isn't any ID checks that go along with it, but I am always a little skeptical if I don't have ID for any discount I've booked.

I've booked discounted rentals with Entertainment, CAA and a few other programs in the past, and I've never been asked for ID (even though I had it), so it should be okay BUT...Budget is sold out of minivan rentals for my time period at TPA, so that makes me nervous....