FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - one way award ticket advice ("free" stopover)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:06 pm
headinclouds

Originally Posted by xxtraloud
I gotcha guys. I have been able to tack on a one way to HNL or SJU but I have to stop in LAX and so I would have to buy a separate LAX-SEA and HNL-SEA. The fee is about $100 for the CPH-LAX-HNL. I am thinking about if it's worth it.

Does anybody know why single one way award is available from CPH-SEA and SEA-HNL but if I do CPH-SEA-HNL with a stopover in SEA it doesn't give me any availability. Not even with a CPH-SEA-LAX. That's strange, this is on AA.
I'm guessing that there is no published fare for Alaska Airlines from CPH-HNL. The only way to fly SEA-HNL is nonstop on AS or use AS to connect thru LAX to HNL. Therefore you cannot use AS for your CPH-SEA-HNL itinerary.

Here is an example. I wanted to fly HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR. The only availability on the HNL-LAX portion was on Hawaiin Airlines. Since they do not have a fare HNL-LHR, I could not use HA. An all AA routing was OK. And I could fly HNL-LAX-JFK with HA and AA, but not to LHR.