FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the moving map (DTV channel 11) on 737s new? [threads merged]
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:42 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

I just verified with our product team, and I can confirm that moving maps will be coming to all DIRECTV-equipped aircraft. Just like the other channels of DIRECTV, it’ll be available on a complimentary basis in the premium cabin and as part of the existing paid package in economy. We just started the roll-out of this feature, but we expect it to be available on all 200 aircraft by next month.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Thanks for the update Aaron but how about audio/music on DTV a/c as there currently is none or is that a no-go because it's a freebie and no money can be made? It's a matter if principle with me but if I ride in the village on a DTV aircraft, I will not pay for DTV and to be left with no other option simple $ucks (just like the new dark 319's & 320's with no IFE and wifi being the only thing being pushed)