FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Received a targeted Citi AA Amex offer, need some advice.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:20 pm
GrandMoffJoseph

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
Received a targeted Citi AA Amex offer, need some advice.

I received a targeted offer from Citi today, regarding their AA Amex product. I'm assuming that my existing AA card with them triggered this offer. Here's the benefit summary that they included:

Plus, the $95 annual fee is waived as long as your current platinum card account remains open and is linked to your new card.
--Earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of being a cardmember.
--Get the first eligible bag checked free for you and up to 4 travel companions.
--Enjoy Priority Boarding with Group 1 privileges and use the extra time to prepare for your flight.
--Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount each year of cardmembership in which you spend $30,000 or more in purchases and renew your cardmembership.
--Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year.
--Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines purchases.
--Plus, earn 1.2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on other purchases for the first 18 months of cardmembership.7 After this promotional period, you can earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 you spend on other purchases.
--Receive a 25% savings on American Airlines in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card.

Most of these benefits are the same, but the lack of an annual fee, and the nearly two years of 20% mile earn are tempting....especially since I regularly use the AA Dining program to full effect. The up front bonus isn't as big as some cards, but the long term bonus earn potential is hard to resist.

Before I decide though, I'd to hear from you all, as you have much more collective wisdom in this area than I do. So, what do you think? Deal, or No Deal?