FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking my first Spirit flights just for fun
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:58 am
LupineChemist

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
In the latest issue of Consumers Reports, Spirit was rated the lowest, which means the worst of all the airlines in the US.

In all 6 categories, check-in ease, cabin-crew service, cabin cleanliness, baggage handling, seating comfort and in-flight entertainment Spirit was on the bottom of the list.

I also read someplace that Spirit has the highest percentage of customers who will never fly Spirit again after their first flight, yet they continue to make money so as long as they do I am sure Spirit’s management will continue with their business plan because obliviously they don’t care about customer satisfaction.

Mr. Elliott.
We finally have the American Ryanair. The people on FT generally are not the same crowd as people who will do whatever it takes to get the absolutely cheapest fare bar none, so it's hard to get an accurate representation here. I'm trying them out for the first time next week. I decided to make a pleasure trip out of a short business trip so I'm going with Spirit to get a cheap fare to bring the wife. Since my job pays for my checked bag fees, it works out to be no more than face value for us. If the seat pitch is as brutal as they say, I can't imagine I'll try it again, but it seems worth it in order to save a couple hundred on a weekend.