FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone noticing a problem obtaining Jetstar flights (QF codeshares)
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:28 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
..............- The Jetstar flights sucked, as the seats were tiny, hard, and incredibly crammed.
- The Qantas AKL-BNE flight, in contrast, was lovely, with a great crew and really good IFE (we were in business.)

My takeaway: avoid Jetstar. I hated it, and would have booked different tickets if I knew how bad they were. We are now in the CNS lounge awaiting a flight to SYD and I am assuming it will be better.
Welcome to JetStar. Yes it sucks but they are still there (in NZ) and presumably making money - so they will be there for a while yet (handy to keep prices in check). JetStar is part of the Qantas Group when it suits them (ie publicity), but couldn't be far enough away from it at other times (ie support & bag interlining). Moral being to allow heaps of time between flights and to have low expectations. It is a one star airline afterall.

Oh, and to compare JQ in a 320 with a Business Class seat in a 738 is stretching the comparison