FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat assignment changing immediately after I pick it?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:25 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Seat assignment changing immediately after I pick it?

This is a new one, to me anyway.

I checked my seat assignments today for an Avios flight booked for next month. The aircraft type had changed and my exit row seats were now ordinary compressed seats! So I changed them to exit row seats, which were still available as opposite aisles. A few minutes later I went back to check and one of the seats had been moved 2 rows away. Weird! I moved it back where I wanted. A few minutes later it was one row away from where I requested. Double weird!

After 3 or 4 iterations of this the seats appear to be staying in the exit row as I requested. Oddly, one of the seats is now the exit window, a seat which I never selected because it was consistently shown as unavailable in the seating chart. Either the system or a clever CSR read my mind that I wanted 2 seats together (on separate PNRs) rather than opposite aisles.

All's well that ends well. Does anyone know what causes this odd behavior with online seat assignments?