FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Credit line increases / CLI [Consolidated]
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:50 am
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Explore
For awhile, I haven't been averaging more than $1,000/month on my Chase cards. That's changed in the past couple of months as my spend on some cards increases to $3,000, and may go close to $5,000. Unfortunately, my most generous credit line is $15,000 and I don't want to go over about 15% utilization. I do try to pay off many of the charges before the statement is even issued, but I'm not sure the credit bureaus (at least Experian) are taking that into account.

I don't want to ask Chase for a line increase because that's a hard pull with them. Are they likely to automatically increase the credit limit given a couple more months of this?
Last year, Chase gave me an automatic CLI to $23k+ without any request from me for a CSP that had a ~$15k CL. I don't recall my exact spend, but, ~6 mos. before the CLI, I was definitely spending more (and, possibly, a lot more) than $6k/mo. on it with wedding-related expenses.

From my experience, I don't think $3-$5k spend on a $15k CL will trigger an automatic CLI from Chase since I have another Chase card with ~$15k CL on which I've frequently spent $2k-$6k in billing cycles and there has been no CLI.