FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:10 pm
aegt123

Originally Posted by Manik2012
So it looks like a perpetual machine with $1.88 each time.
I don't see any scalable perpetual machine here. If you keep paying your CC company more than your bill and keep asking for a check back, they will shut you down real soon. You can't send money to your debit card. See details below.

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Correct, WM billpay at a money center register has no monthly limit. I asked the other day what the per transaction amount limit was being curious, and was told what I thought was a surprisingly large amount of $9999.99.

I'm sure it's that amount to avoid having to ever fill out CTR paperwork for one transaction, but still I wasn't expecting WM to have that kind of limit per bill pay transaction.
I thought walmart doesn't allow transcations over 8999.99. Can someone please confirm which one of the two it is?

Originally Posted by redtop43
It took me some time to figure out, but you can pay Visa and Mastercards at WM by paying "Visa" or "Mastercard." It costs $1.88. It does not post in one day. Usually 2-3.
Just paid off my Chase Saphire Visa card by using their bill pay and sending the payment to Visa. Charged me $1.5 for the service.

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
One avenue I've wondered about, but never tried, is if you could unload prepaids to a regular debit card attached to a checking account using the bill pay system. This would eliminate the need to buy MO all the time.
This is what I learnt today. There are two ways to send money from your debit card to another bank at Walmart.

The first is via the billpay system, which has been described in this thread by TheChallenge. Basically, you can pay off a credit by searching for that bank in their list of banks. American Express is listed in their database. I successfully paid off my Amex Bussiness Gold card using their billpay system for $1.50. Chase Credit cards is not listed in their system, so you can pay off a Chase card by either searching for Visa or Mastercard. Paid off my Chase Saphire Visa card today using this method for $1.5. Now I am not sure why I am being charged $1.5 as the service is being advertised as $1.88 for next day and 0.88 for 3 days. I didn't bother too much about the exact charge as it is still pennies and this was going to be a one time transaction.

The second is to load money onto a card the same way you load money on bluebird. Their POS code for this transaction is '70 + Action' . The cost for this transaction is $3

I tried both of these methods to load money on two different debit cards.
Debit card # 1: Big bank Visa debit card
Debit card #2: Master debit card associated with a checking account at an online only bank.

Method 1: Searched and found the big bank in the Walmart database. Got an error saying that the biller has rejected the account number. Then we tried using both the Visa and Mastercard and that failed as well.
Method 2: The POS asked for my PIN after swiping both debit cards 1 & 2. After the PIN was successfully accepeted, their system processed the transaction as Cashout. Meaning the system was going to take the money out of the debit cards instead of putting it back in.

In summary, I was unsuccessful in loading money onto a regular debit card at Walmart.