FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking my first Spirit flights just for fun
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:28 am
rtalk25

Yes, the 1x a day flight can mean that when the plane is out of service, NK will put you on a flight the next day or just refund the ticket and make you pay the difference.

NK times the ACY-MYR flights where it's possible to do a same day trip in MYR as well.

I suppose most like spending atleast one night at a hotel. However, one has to book well in advance to get a low r/t fare on a SAT AM to SUN PM from ACY in the Fall and Winter when it's colder up here and worthwhile to still get some warm weather in MYR. I haven't checked out fares on same day trips.

ACY also didn't get the second daily flight this summer. Instead PHL got it, and there is 1x ACY-MYR and 1x PHL-MYR, although the PHL-MYR flight times are different.

Last time I flew Spirit, I paid $25 for the big front seat. I was still disappointed that my seat didn't recline and there was no tray table. I flew out of Chicago on a 6:30am flight, and I was tired, with the idea that I'd pay $25 to get some sleep. I couldn't fall asleep even with the big front seat.

Last I heard is that ACY's travel is down. The airport is blaming Sandy, but I think it's because of Spirit maybe adding flights to PHL instead, loss of AirTran maybe, and Frontier emulating Spirit but using TTN and soon ILG. I do like flying Frontier better, but to MYR, Spirit is the way to go.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jun 2, 2013 at 11:37 am