FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So, I got refused admission to the IAD United Club...
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:29 pm
Pat89339
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mitchmu
HNL had CO and UA clubs, didn't it? Which one survived? I wonder if CO policy was to force members to show the card even though they could be authenticated with the BP?
The UC survived. One particular agent who shall remain nameless does this.

Originally Posted by Fredd
We let our memberships expire at the end of 2012. I agree that for the past few years most employees preferred BPs to cards - so much easier than hauling out the card - with one exception for us: the HNL club.

When we tried to enter it early one morning in 2010 the employee made a big fuss in demanding my card, and told us the other clubs I cited weren't doing it right.

On a subsequent visit to HNL some months later I hauled out my card without asking and another employee thanked me for "doing it the right way." We all prefer praise for being well-behaved, don't we?

Just another example of magnificently consistent inconsistency I guess.
It was very frustrating for me. This is my home airport and I would be in the lounge weekly. There was only one agent who made me haul everything out of the wallet. Finally I confronted the agent and said--I don't understand why you are the only person in this club to demand all of this. Everyone else here knows me. The agent next to her nodded. I am in here once a week. She claimed she did not recognize me with my hair up. So I pulled the clip out of my hair and let it fall down and said, fine I am out of my disguise now. Whenever I go in with my hair up I always say--it's me, I'm wearing my disguise. She learned my name very quickly after that and greets me by name every time I see her.