FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In-Flight Internet and Power SFO to Beijing
Old May 30, 2013, 4:31 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ekwang
Depending on the make/model of your laptop, I would go with a second Lithium Ion battery. I have a Dell XPS L502X 15 in laptop: The second generation i7 is a battery hog and watching movies, even with the brightness brought down to next to nothing, chews right through the battery life. I'd download digital copies of your movies to your laptop drive if you can afford the space.

And as somebody said, don't spend your entire time fidgeting on your laptop and messing up your body's clock. Sleep when you're tired and stay awake when you're awake.

I look forward to the day when all international flights have in-seat AC power. It's not the fanciest plane, but I always enjoy my flights from SFO-LHR on a 757-200 as they have in seat AC power in all of their cabins which I think is a huge plus any day of the week over inflight Internet access.
Um, that should've been a 777, not 757.