FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.
Old May 30, 2013, 12:53 pm
lkar

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I know of one guy who, when is TY Account went under review and was locked, went and pre-emptively shut down every single Citi credit card he had -- in hopes that this would avoid the blacklist that was sure to follow, and thus be able to sign up for new accounts in the near future.

Too early to know if that strategy worked, but, it is a thought.

Probably won't help much with your petition however if you've closed your accounts yourself.
This is the question I'm struggling with too. I appear to be in phase 2 -- thank you account under review and frozen but cards still working. On the one hand, I want to fight if they close me down. But, at the end of the day, I'm only looking at losing about 80k to 100k in points if I shut down voluntarily. I don't want to give up the right to fight if it's not going to get me anything.

But a "closed at customer's request" and a hope of staying on citi's good side seems like it might be worth letting those points go -- since they are likely as good as gone anyway.