FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to Seoul on AA
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2013, 7:00 am
sinanju

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
I've flown it in J, so I can't comment on coach.

It was like any other longhaul flight. 14H30 going and 13H45 returning. I didn't have too much time to connect, so didn't spend much time in the lounges. On the return, make sure you leave more than the minimum connection time as a colleage who doesn't have Global Entry nearly missed his connection to RDU due to crowds and long processing time at the border.

Food was typical with Korean options. FAs didn't seem to know about pre-orders but were otherwise attentive through the flight. The 772 serves the route, so expect the wedgie seat in J. Load factors looked good and J was full. I had booked more than 30 days out and at that time J was nearly empty, so my upgrades cleared well in advance. I sat in the middle aisle on the right side of the plane since the guy stuck in the very middle will tend to go left when heading for the lav.

Other than AA staff hovering over the agents checking folks in and again at the gates making sure things went smoothly, there's not much else to report. It was actually one of the better experiences I've had with AA lately, given that it was completely uneventful. What exactly were you looking for?

Last edited by sinanju; May 30, 2013 at 7:05 am