FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old May 28, 2013, 9:30 pm
jatink129

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by farbster
My in-laws are going to apply for a few credit cards. Something like one of the AA cards, Ink Bold (the plus one), USAir, and maybe one other.

I understand that you can only do one AA per day. So they would wait a few days and get the second AA card.

Is there a thought as to doing Personal and then another personal a few days later or should they do a Personal then biz a few days later. Surely they will do the 40k offer.

Furthermore, should they apply for a bunch of cards first (incl. one AA) and then the second AA card a few days later OR should they apply for one AA card and then a few days later apply for a bunch (incl. the 2nd AA card)

Thanks!
Though (from what I've read) CITI won't let you apply for another similar card, for example, applying for the 50k (now dead) Visa and then later applying for the Amex.
BUT, from the most recent reports, going back a page or two, it seems a few people were successful in doing just that...so there really isn't any sure answer. It is YMMV. You could try the Platinum select then the World Mastercard and then 65-70 days later, the Business.

As for your other question, the whole point of applying for multiple cards together is so that the respective CC companies won't see the other pulls, because they don't happen in real time(for the better part).
Applying for one card on Day 1 and then doing an AOR on Day 2, would reduce your chances of approval.

Stick to the rules.

Day 1- AOR with a personal platinum card.
Day 3- 2nd citi card.
Day 75- Citi business card.

Originally Posted by parys
Well, I may have the first counter to that. I applied through the "50k miles after $2500 spend in 4 months" personal AA visa link on 5/18. I just received the cards and sent a secure message to confirm the promotion terms.

Their reply was that I was enrolled in a promotion for 45,000 miles after $5000 spend in 4 months. That sound familiar to anyone? The doubled spending requirement is not a welcome detail...

They invited me to submit a copy of the "front and back of the offer you were solicited" in order to review it. Anyone have a screen shot of the 50k offer landing page?
Interesting...
Try calling again, I guess...Speak to a CSR and see what they say? Or speak the agent when you call the number to activate the card.

The point I was trying to get across was that there haven't been any reports of applying for the card and then being denied the points by Citi...Even in your case, they've changed the amount and the min. spend, but you're still getting points.