FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 8:01 pm
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by discostu
Just finished a stay here and a quick review/summary
Two separate bookings, one on points another AAA prepaid rate (rate was $100 cheaper each night by splitting up the stay). Made the reservations 3 months ago and at the time spoke with Plat concierge about ensuring not having to move rooms. He/she said they spoke with the property and that was not a problem and attached my suite nights to both reservations. At that time was told no problem with the upgrade and I was assured I wouldn't have to switch rooms. Well the day of arrival at about 3, received an email saying my suite nights for the longer portion of my stay were rejected, (I never received an email acceptance just word via the plat concierge). After some back and forth the front desk person apologized several times but said we would have to move twice if we were extended the suite awards. So first night was put in a great suite room, then had to move rooms the next day. They did upgrade to a corner room, but after seeing that fabulous suite, was disappointed. We pressed in not having to change rooms but the front desk person stated the Manager refused, after some more gave up, by that time it was 3 in the morning my time and just wanted to get to bed after a long flight.

Breakfast coupon as the plat amenity which was very good, however, dined three times, two times they did not take off the $30. Had that corrected upon checkout, but just another thing.

Acura service was great and all the workers were very nice and helpful. If they did not mess with our suite awards I would definitely stay here again, but I will not. They may have made an extra $300 a night on putting someone in that suite, but my semiannual work trips where I spend well over $1,500 a stay will not be made there.

It is very difficult to get a suite on nearly any night at this property without paying for it well ahead of time, so I wouldn't count on any word given three months in advance regarding a suite night award which won't even be looked at until within 5 days of arrival. SF has been very busy this year and those suites get snapped up nearly every night and the longer the stay is the less likely one will be available for all nights of a stay.