FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coming home from Europe on AA...connect in LHR or JFK?
Old May 28, 2013, 6:36 pm
SoCalFlyer23

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Option A (with LAX-LHR)

BUT...you say you plan to travel EARLY AUGUST. That is pretty soon and you will probably not be at the top of upgrade wait-list.

Hard to tell which SWU has more chance to clear but I would be inclined to say ZRH-JFK is more likely to clear.

How does MCE look like on the LHR-LAX?. IF MCE and exit rows are full, that probably means lots of exps on SWU waitlist.

As a connecting EXP, even if your SWU does not clear, you will trump all local EXPs for the JFK-LAX flight and I could say that it is very likely that you will clear JFK-LAX with domestic upgrades.

Tough choice...I'd probably gamble and go through LHR (just because I have not seen the 77W yet, even if it is just MCE).
Right now, MCE only has 10 open seats out of 30, including 4 open exit row seats (16 ABC and 16JKL) Of course, there's no way to know how many of those 20 are EXP and have applied for the upgrade...or is there?

I asked the EXP desk about all these flights, and they said they had no way to see the upgrade waitlist...? Is this info I could find out via an ExpertFlyer trial subscription?