FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP Hub Captives - Anyone left DL this year? Stories
Old May 28, 2013, 5:05 pm
GYEWorldTraveler

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
I'm leaving DL for American this month. Since they canceled the direct flight to Tucson, I had to start connecting. (SLC was super expensive and ATL is out of the question.)

More details are over at http://flyingconsultant.com/2013/05/...lines-for-now/.

I'll see where we're at three months from now, but I am looking forward to trying American. :-)
I'm fairly certain MSP-TUS is just a seasonal cut. Shows as coming back October 1. Definitely a little surprising that they cut it this summer but Tucson isn't exactly a great place to visit in June-September. Cutting the MSP flight though makes DL extremely uncompetitive in the TUS-Midwest market. SLC doesn't have great options and has CRJs and ATL is out of the way to a good part of the Midwest.

I'm definitely interested to see how AA goes for you. Hopefully the new American is a lot better than the old AA and doesn't go the direction of US. The times I have flown them domestically and internationally I was underwhelmed. Ill fly LAN now to South America but AA will never get my business (unless I could catch a 77W - which appears to have a product on par with DL + LAN and possibly even better) because the hard product is atrocious compared to the rest and employees don't seem too helpful but YMMV. I did like a few of the meals but it didn't make up for how poor the Business class product was on the 767s...and coach looked much worse.