FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.
Old May 28, 2013, 4:34 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by iahphx
Citi has shown themselves to be amazing inept over the years, but if I were a betting man, I'd lay long odds on MM surviving with his Citi accounts.

And, of course, that's the problem with his strategy. He is likely to lose everything he spends on manufacturing spending this month. It's not a huge expense, but it's real money -- and real time.

Now he may believe he can sue Citi for it, and perhaps that will work, but most folks might conclude that it's not worth the time/hassle/risk.
You are correct--and you must know me well hehe. I do plan to hit the same numbers for June and maybe go a bit higher (then again I could see myself easily doubling it because that's what MMs do!)... we shall see if I live til June 28 and earn more points, or if they eventually nab me too. If so, however, I think I have more than "been paid" for my time and fees of things I manufactured. A trip for 4 to GCM and some GCs for stores we shop at aint bad for now!

Of course, I say this now... so I will try to remember I've just said all this tho lol