FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.
Old May 28, 2013, 4:24 pm
AscorbylPalmitate

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
sooooo... tell me... how do you know I, not paying contractors with my GCs, etc? It is widely known by other flyer talkers and friends alike that I have been working on my house for some time now. I bought tons of Home Depot GCs with the UA MOM promo, and have been rebuilding my place since we bought it in 2005.

So dont go calling my reasons silly without knowing the facts mate. That would be silly in itself.

Again, courts are there to determine what is best or what is right or wrong on a case by case basis. Let them do it. If you are here to play devils advocate, that's one thing--if so, then please make that clear, but to be frank, I think you almost sound more against certain people's actions or words than to be here for the collective good of the people in this thread.

citi is, in the opinions of me and others here, trying to duck out of something they created because the now realize they could not control it. They designed it poorly, they marketed it poorly and they implemented it poorly. Even those who never bought a GC or VR are being swathed into the mix of supposed evil doers and taken down regardless of their balances or TY activity. It is as if this company or some part of it run by inept personnel has decided to just end something without recourse and could care less about anything except its own interests. Is that what each of us are doing too in a way? I dunno... THEY offered US the CC. Not the other way around. I'm not claiming innocence... I bought many things on my card JUST to earn points... but that my friend Is the point of these things. What, you dont want to earn points on things? Would you open a bank account that earns interest or cash back rewards , for example, over one that does not if they both were available to you?

I'm sick of trying to justify it to people who cannot see. If you cannot see, don't look.
true dat