FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.
Old May 27, 2013, 10:11 pm
PointsforHolidayBoy

We can go back and forth on the legal aspects of this. I'm sure that's what will eventually happen to citi.

But for the purposes of the thread, I think people are voicing a similar theme that's not so technical.

We've entered into an agreement with Citi. And I think, most reasonable people will agree that those who have abused those perks by spending let's say $83K in the month shouldn't be allowed to keep abusing. Right?

Than there are those who are taking advantage. And that's less questionable.

But all in all, Citi is wiping away Thank You accounts and blacklisting clients. I think most of us will agree that both actions is just inherently unfair. I've been a loyal client of Citibank for 12 years now.

I've had years without a late payment. I've had a few late payments while I've been on holiday, an average of once a year the last two years. Citi reversed these by the way. I think Citi has definitely made money off of me, if not off interest, off the 3% merchant fee it charges.

Now, I'm afraid. My Aadvantage account has a $20K credit line. If it's wiped out, then my credit will be affected as it'll affect the credit utilization rate. I have a card I applied for. I thought I could use it to purchase a $15 starbucks card at a drug store. I drink starbucks often and would like to save money. But now, I don't know. I don't know what I can do without me being accused of practicing black magic.

And that, I think we can agree is truly unconscionable with Citi's action. I just think we need to voice those concerns to citi, as they also know that incredible damage A&F faced with it's last online petition. It sort of equalizes the power balance, I think.