FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So, I got refused admission to the IAD United Club...
Old May 27, 2013, 5:49 pm
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Do you believe that this behavior is "well known" to the broader FT community?

I have never before seen a thread on FT that describes the pervasive "making up of rules" that you mention is "well known" to have occurred in the past.

I also feel well qualified to personally question this assertion, because during my years as both a GS and a 1K, IAD was my primary hub. I worked on a project that required me to fly to/from IAD on a very routine basis for several years, and, I used IAD as the jumping off point for many European flights. As such, I have more experience with IAD than any airport other than my home airport of SFO, and I can tell you for a fact that I never once experienced any sort of "rogue" behavior from a PMUA employee at an RCC lounge as OP describes in this thread.
Yes, well known.

Even at the SFO UCs, the lounge guards still stamp the BPs and deny the existsence of the GFL.

Yep I am familiar with every one of those threads.
Originally Posted by dan1431

I have come across it myself and I scratch my head because for the life of me I cannot understand it, as I can see it there is no benefit to the employee for turning away a passenger who rightfully belongs there (especially if the PAX decided to further the issues the employee could end up in trouble).

Dan
The ability to exercise power generates pleasure in their brains.

Last edited by Xyzzy; May 27, 2013 at 10:09 pm Reason: Fixed UBB code