FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013, 5:16 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by balima
In three weeks we will be taking LX87 from YUL - ZRH and the on to ATH on LX1830. We are in business. This is our first time on Swiss and in Zurich.

So as I understand it we will arrive in Dock E, and take the Heidi train. We depart I believe from gate A84 (or at least that is from where previous LX1830 flights have left). We have a 3 1/2 hour layover. I am assuming that we have plenty of time to go to the Arrival Lounge and have breakfast. How much time should we leave in order to get to A84 from the Arrivals Lounge, knowing that we will have to go through passport control ( again I believe). Home is ORD and passport control can take an hour. I guess we could always leave early and use the Swiss Business Lounge by the A gates? Where would be a better place to spend the hours - Arrivals Lounge or Business Lounge? We arrive at 6:15 AM and depart at 9:45 AM.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.
The Arrival Lounge is definitely nicer than the Business Lounge (or Senator Lounge if you are *G) for breakfast, shower and if you are interested (and can get one) sleeping rooms. It also has 10 wired workstations if you don't mind German keyboards. Although the lounge is nice and usually very quiet (almost empty) it doesn't have any view so you might like to move to the Business Lounge at some point.

You go through passport control before visiting the Arrival Lounge but since both Switzerland and Greece are in Schengen there is no passport control to go through afterwards, just security and there are priority lanes for Business and First passengers. If you leave the Arrival Lounge one hour before departure, you will have more than enough time to pay a quick visit to the Business Lounge, browse the shops and walk all the way to Gate A84 if that's where your flight is departing.