FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United.com will not ticket the itinerary involving Turkish airlines flight
Old May 27, 2013, 6:35 am
jpezaris

Originally Posted by DNKflyer
"Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary."
This is a lie. Ok, "lie" is too strong a word. It is possibly correct for some cases, but misleading at best for certain others, and you have a-priori no way of knowing which your ticket falls into.

So I have a question to those of you who are experienced in booking with United - should I just wait for United to ticket this reservation in due course (it expires on May 29), or do something else to have it ticketed faster? The fare seems to be valid for ticketing only until May 28. I will appreciate any advice on how to resolve this.
Should you just wait? In my experience, NO. Tickets that don't get issued within minutes that include partner segments require that you call back in 24 hours to confirm and pay. If you don't, the reservation automatically cancels. None of the email you get, or the web-site statements explain this procedure, instead, leading you to believe that just sitting and waiting is the right thing to do. This, IMO, is a significant system-level bug. Worse, the phone agents will say, "of course you have to call back, that's the way it works!" and will disavow any knowledge of the text displayed to pax that directly contradicts their statements.

You should call back. Give it one day from the initial booking for TK to respond to UA, and then call. If the agent isn't savvy enough to figure out what's going on, politely hang up and call again.