FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever heard of Jetnsave?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013, 3:20 am
GrandPoohBaa

Not really all above board

I recently saw the ad for Jetnsave and did a query on the net to see if the business was all above board - for who does not want to save money, but was very wary - hence I decided to check them out. What I saw on the forums did not encourage me - so I did a test of my own.

I had a need to travel from Jakarta to Delhi on 5 June and returning on 10 June. I requested a quote for a First Class ticket - got a quick response and the quote was for USD3,388. I asked for some changes - the changes were made and the quote in First Class was still USD3,388. The itinerary was all on Singapore Airlines. I checked out the SQ web site and the First Class ticket was approx USD4,600 - so all in all the quote was very attractive.

I noticed that 1 leg on the itinerary was on business class (some aircraft are only configured for economy and business - so no worries). I then asked them to give me a new quote only in business class.

They reverted with a message saying that the business class was only USD200 cheaper i.e. USD3,188 and it would be better for me to book First Class.

I went back to the SQ website and was able to book my business class ticket from Jakarta to Delhi with the same identical itinerary as provided by Jetnsave for USD2,911 - more than USD 200 cheaper than the quote that was provided by Jetnsave - I wrote back to them claiming all the stuff they promised on their web site if I can find a quote cheaper than theirs - have not yet heard back from them.

So guys - I did the necessary research and found out that if something sounds too good to be true it is just that - remember that it is our own greed or need for discounts that can get us into trouble with scammers and it is well worth it to check things out in detail.

I hope this may help answer some of the questions that travellers may have regarding Jetnsave.