FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old May 26, 2013, 3:00 pm
LetsGoToo

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Happy
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Fwiw, I was trying to get one of those 75k MR sign up bonuses for the Business Gold Rewards card.
Did you , or your "other" business have a Business Gold / Plat within the 12 months prior to the current card?

My understanding is, AMEX only differentiate the business cards and personal cards in the Membership Reward bonus earning. All varieties of MR earning personal cards got lumped as Similar Products, ditto on the Biz cards side.

For example if one has a PRG, it would not preclude one to get bonus on the BRG.

However if one has a PRG, it would preclude one to get bonus on the Personal Plat card.

Same is true with the BRG and Biz Plat Card.
Business A has a Business Platinum, Business B has never had an AmEx charge card, only a credit card.

I was denied because I personally was deemed the "applicant." I thought it was odd because I wasn't asked for my SSN on the BRG app and didn't use it.

Fwiw, both businesses have 10+ year histories with American Express.