FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Machu Picchu in mid-October / Tambo del Inka thoughts
Old May 25, 2013, 7:29 pm
stinger101

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Machu Picchu in mid-October / Tambo del Inka thoughts

Hey everyone. Wife and I are heading to Machu Picchu on Oct. 17th. Will be arriving 11:30pm into Lima and was planning on staying at the Ramada that is connected to the airport. Our flight the next day is on LAN at around 4:00pm...getting us into Sacred Valley at around 8pm. Planning on staying at Tambo del Inka in the Sacred Valley for 3 nights. Using cash and points so it's a pretty good redemption. Saving around $500. Will then fly out of CUZ on the 21st at around 2pm. Stay the night again at the LIM Ramada and flight back to the US the next morning at around 6am.

A few questions:
1.)Should I skip the car rental in CUZ and opt for the Tambo pickup? Return?
2.)Should I opt for the train at the hotel? Is it worth it? Or should we try and make the really early one to see sunrise at MP?
3.)Should I move my LIM-CUZ flight up to earlier in the day? My original thought was to not be rushed and get a good nights sleep as we get in at midnight but now I'm thinking a mid-morning/noon flight might be better so we can enjoy Tambo del Inka more.

I'm aware it may be slightly rainy but it is just past the busy season and from what I'm reading it shouldn't be raining too much.

Much appreciate any advice!