FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]
Old May 24, 2013, 7:46 am
Volvic

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by PotNoodle
I read an article on Aspire Vaiation and CAPA that Mr Walsh of IAG did say that Vueling would be independant in the group, however codesharing could be explored. Even if Vueling doesn't join Oneworld codeshare agreements can be made with its members. I believe VY doesn't even have a codeshare with BA yet!
I miss the possible benefits of a BA - VY code-share. VY entry in OW is even more difficult for me to cope with.
Looking at Germany, Airberlin could have been an option to enter in a LH dominated market even if I doubt that AB is feeding BA with high revenue customers.

Looking at Spain, BA has already IB so no need to dilute once more the value of his upper product.

If you were a Biz or First class traveler, would you accept to be "feeded" to an OW hub via VY or even AB ? Or would you prefer to take an other route where you get a service level more "uniform" ? Not better but uniform.