FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old May 23, 2013, 1:47 pm
dcpatti

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by learjet1969
As a loyal AA and UA customer, I curious to hear what fellow road warriors like about US and hope is retained in the AA/US merger, conversely what do you hope goes away?
Things I like, and want to stay:

-High upgrade percentage as CP
-Lucrative promos (would love to see some flavor of Grand Slam make a return)
-Excellent customer service out of the CP line (I know the formal CP desk has been dismantled but far more often than not I still get outstanding phone service)
-Star Alliance, although we all know that is a goner. OP just asked what I wanted!
-Really consistent, good vegetarian meals. I'm not a vegetarian but knowing that the vegetarian meals are consistently good means I am rarely stuck with something that sounded better than it ended up being
-Pretty good partner award levels
-Being able to buy up a level of status. If I'm 10k miles short in December, I'd rather just fork over a little money and be done for the year instead of trying to find one more MR to do.

Things I want them to get rid of:

-The godforsaken credit card pitch. Seriously. That has got to go.
-Technology that belongs in the Smithsonian. US has always been bottom-of-the-barrel in all things IT. Let me book partner awards online. Let me see where my inbound aircraft is coming from. Let me not have to clear the cache on my ipad on a weekly basis. Let me request upgrades online (miles/certs).
-DCA Gate 35A. Always chaos, always a mess. If you're going to run all the RJ's out of the same gate, so be it. Just take over the next gate too and keep the flocks of people from taking over the whole hallway.