FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013
Old May 22, 2013, 4:33 pm
windowontheAside

My first visit to the Flounge this afternoon and I was very disappointed.

I was hoping to find something I could have for lunch, preferably hot. I didn't expect the same variety as LHR, but I did expect one or two hot dishes on a buffet with a reasonable salad bar. I guess I should have read this thread first and tempered my expectations.

OK, so there's no hot dishes. Why not? It's hard to see how this offering is appropriate for a Flounge.

But even putting that aside, the salad bar was woefully stocked. Despite labels for ham and chorizo there was none of each. The quiche was soggy and there were precisely four sandwiches, two of which had fallen apart. The salads were similarly uninspiring.

I asked one of the staff for a bacon sandwich. He looked at his watch and told me they no longer did them. I pointed out the only item available to order was the bacon baguette and he said "Oh, you want a bacon BAGUETTE?". Well excuse me! And I'd hardly call what arrived a baguette.

If they can offer various breakfast offerings during the morning, why can't they at least match that during the rest of the day? Or offer something like jacket potatoes which are undemanding and fairly tolerant of being kept warm?

I took the chance to flick through the visitors book. Going back several pages, all the comments bar one were complaints. Does anyone read those?

I was really disappointed by the whole thing. I honestly don't think I'll bother going back next time I go through LGW. I didn't visit the Jlounge, but it's hard to imagine a lower lounge offering than the sad state I experienced today.