Old May 22, 13, 9:59 am
heraclitus

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Paris, then 6 days on the road in France. But where to go?

I am putting together an itinerary that involves 7 nights in Paris at the front end and 3 nights in Brussels at the back end. (We fly in and out of those cities respectively.)

In between I have 6 nights that I would like to use for a road-trip and I was hoping for some advice as to a compelling destination.

My wife and I will have a 8-month old with us so we don't want to be in the car for excessively long periods.

Initially I was thinking Loire Valley and then drive up to Normandy, but on further consideration that may involve too much driving for just 6 nights. Now I am thinking just Loire Valley but I am open to other destinations as well.

Would it make sense to rent a car in Paris, drive southwest and overnight in Blois, Tours (x2 nts.), Saumur, Angers, Nantes and then just take the train to Brussels via Paris? Or should we spend multiple nights in fewer destinations?

For what it's worth, I have never been to France and it's been several years for my wife, so it's all new to us. Thanks in advance for any advice.