Old May 21, 13, 5:40 pm
zgscl

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Long story short, I was scheduled to fly CMI-ORD-SLC yesterday departing at 6 am with a 1.5 hour layover in ORD scheduled to get into SLC at 10:40. I got a call about 3 am saying that the cmi-ord leg was going to be 2 hours late. I quickly deduced that I would miss the connecting flight and promptly called AA to get rebooked. After speaking with a representative I learned that the delay was due to crew. They looked at their flights and even other carriers but nothing was available until 530 that night connecting through DFW arriving SLC at 1050. I asked them to book it and had myself removed from the CMI-ORD leg as it is relatively short and I have had some issues with MQ delaying and then canceling so I decided to take amtrak to CHI.

I am wondering if it would be worth asking customer service for compensation of some form of compensation as I didn't arrive into SLC until 12 hours after my scheduled arrival. If so, what should I expect/ask for?

Thank you

ZGSCL