Old May 21, 13, 4:13 pm
WaterTree

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Instead of flying LAX-XXX-CDG, you could also call AA and see if you can get 2 Business Class award seats on TN's LAX-CDG nonstop. (TN award availability cannot be checked at aa.com.)
Thanks, this is good information I'm looking for. This addresses my question about using AA miles to fly on non-AA metal. Part of me wonders if I should fly direct LAX-CDG, or, since flying on business award, try and find a 24 hour turn in Helsinki or Berlin, etc. Yes, it's more time on the plane and in airports, but it's an additional destination for 'free'.

But great suggestion. Are there other connections/airline partners that would allow me to route through different cities for ~24h layover: Stockholm, Venice, Milan, etc. For example, the AA flight I was looking at was LAX-LHR(18hrs in London)-HEL(24 hrs in Helsinki)-CDG. This takes two extra days but I get to spend time in both London and Finland.

-WT