FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More proof that the No-Fly list is a worthless sham...
Old May 20, 2013, 9:59 pm
TheRoadie

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by mahohmei
I have two big questions about the no-fly list:

- Would a Bad Guy never think to buy a ticket with a fake name, print a real BP with a fake name, use a computer to make a fake BP with a real name, use the latter to traverse the TSA, and the former to board the flight?
That's how they would all do it, you're right. Unless the document checkers are checking against a real-time BP validation data base, photoshopping will succeed.
- Explain to me exactly how someone will hijack a flight now that we have hardened cockpit doors and policies to resist hijackers.
The No Fly List, as I understand it as an outsider, isn't to prevent airline damage, but to annoy the Bad Guys and thwart their planning process. Makes it more difficult for them to attend their BG conventions, training sessions, and cell management meetings.

It's another mission creep for the TSA to be involved in this activity that has nothing to do with WEI passing the checkpoints. But it's a DHS process, not primarily TSA.