FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More proof that the No-Fly list is a worthless sham...
Old May 20, 2013, 9:05 am
jkhuggins

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I am pretty certain that the Marshals Service is not really happy about this sharing agreement. They are exceedingly tightlipped about their witness protection programs, and the fact that breaches are almost non-existent, or are corrected so quickly that it barely causes a hiccup. This is yet another source of information, in another organization, that can generate problems for them. I expect that if a breach occurs due to this sharing of info, this may be revisited, with strong language attached to it.
Maybe I'm dense, but I don't see why there has to be much information sharing here at all. Given that nobody knows how one gets on the NFL (much less how one gets off the list), I would think it would be relatively simple for the Marshal Service to provide a list of names to add to the NFL, without any linking information back to their original identities. Heck, there's no need to indicate any connection at all to WitSec, since the Marshal service does stuff other than WitSec ...