FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Old May 17, 2013, 11:15 am
travelsavant

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
4/16/13 SFO-DFW-MIA-EZE
EXP
First/BIZ
I was caught up in the 4/16 computer crash. Was on a paid First/Biz AA ticket, flying AA on domestic portions & LAN for the MIA-EZE leg. DFW-MIA flt delayed repeatedly, finally cxld 11:45 pm; all airport hotels sold out by then, rebooked on 7 am flt, DFW-MIA, with 14 hr layover in MIA, & on AA flt MIA-EZE. Spent 1 nt DFW, (no hotel offered, no cot or blanket either.) By calling EXP line, was able to apply SWU & upgrade my biz seat to 1st, MIA-EZE. In MIA, again nothing offered, so I booked day hotel to sleep & clean up. Finally arrived in EZE, approx 36 hrs later, but due to timing, missed first 2 of only 4 days of BA sightseeing. Also, no checked bag...arrived 24 hrs later.
AA Compensation: same 7500 miles offered to everyone caught in the 4/16 mess & $500 voucher & waiting for reimbursement for MIA hotel/food expenses.

Is this reasonable? Seems quite light to me as I've gotten $200 vouchers for downgrades on 2 hr flights & 10,000 miles for forgetting my special meal.