FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rental Car Pickup Time grace period...
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2013, 11:58 am
HD_3

Question Rental Car Pickup Time grace period...

Quite a few months ago, I got a pretty nice rate on a rental for our vacation travel this summer. I set up the reservations giving us about 1/2 hour grace period from the time our flight was to have arrived, until the time I had indicated in picking up the rental.

Since booking, Delta has changed our flight times. We are now arriving at the same time that I have the rental car reserved to pick up. I don't want to go in and change our rental info because I may not be able to get the good rate that we currently have. (national did that to me once and I lost out on a pretty decent rental rate)

Does anyone know how long of a grace period you have for picking up a car without the rental car agency not allowing us to pick up the car because we are outside of the "rental window" time. I know flights are late all the time and we have all of our flight info on the car reservation.... I just don't want to arrive and find out we either don't have a car, or cant get it for the rate we originally secured because we weren't there when we indicated.

~D