Old May 11, 13, 6:12 am
zeddy218

Programs: AA, DL
I would greatly appreciate some pointers regarding how to achieve the following goal. I'm trying to get 4 people scheduled for a one-way award from Central America to Hawaii with a stop-over (BZE - DFW (stop) - HNL/OGG).

The stopover will be about 3 months long, so I realize I need to find seats now, and then push out the second leg once space is available.

Milesaaver space just opened up for the BZE - DFW on the date I wanted (next April), so I put that on hold. I'm now trying to piece together the rest.

I have found 2 seats from DFW - SEA - OGG and 2 seats on DFW-PDX-OGG. My questions are as follows:

1. If I book 2 seats BZE - DFW (stop) - SEA - OGG and two BZE - DFW (stop) - PDX - OGG, could I move the DFW - OGG portion to be direct without charge if I find space available? - It appears the answer is yes, but confirmation would be appreciated.

2. The itinerary above is not pricing out at the milesaaver off-peak level (15k), just the milesaaver level (17.5k). Is it because part of the itinerary is on Alaska Air? Will I get a 2.5k refund later if I switch to all AA legs?

Thank you for your assistance.