FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you switched business away from Hilton?
Old May 11, 2013, 3:33 am
presario1626

Originally Posted by GUWonder

1. That "$300 hotel room" on points isn't really costing Hilton $300 -- it's probably costing Hilton less than $300, substantially less.

2. A 10%-25% rebate isn't that much, given the fact that hotels are giving such rebates to some TAs/OTAs.
Unless you can actually use those internal Hilton rate or TA Rates, they are not really relevant. I evaluate point value based on the return on points calculated with the rate I have to pay.

The devaluation sucks big time, but what they did is just to bring the rate of return on points more in line with other hotel programs. 25% return is fantastic for customers, but not sustainable for Hilton.

Plus Hilton is the only program can get me diamond status with credit card spend. I have no chance making top tier with any other programs with my now reduced travel pattern. After more than 10 years of maintaining top tier status with at least 2 programs every year, I can no longer imagine myself paying for breakfast, and not being offered best room when checking in. So I will try to stay with hilton whenever possible, unless the rate already includes breakfast.

Last edited by presario1626; May 11, 2013 at 4:25 am