FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 10, 2013, 4:30 pm
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Alex Poulos
I have close to 90,000 AA miles but my last activity was on March 2012 do these expire and if so whats the easiest way to make them not expire. Is there anywhere I can get a few AA miles for free instead of paying 30$ for 1k ?
Thanks

alex
Originally Posted by fromfall98
Yes, they will expire if there is no activity in next 4 months. You could rent a car or get a hotel room for a day and that would add some miles to your account.

Cheers!
Either a car or hotel will likely cost more than buying miles, unless he was needing the car/hotel anyway.

There's a long thread of ideas on how to generate some activity in the account. 4 months is plenty of time for most of the options. I think the easiest is to register a credit card with AA Dining, then go to a nearby participating restaurant (if you have one) and have lunch. The last few pages of the thread also mention a couple of free ways (e-rewards signup bonus; bonus for AA newsletter) that may work for you.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html