FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old May 9, 2013, 8:59 pm
catocony

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I'm trying my best to keep my business at UA, but out of IAD, it seems to be nothing but 737s, and I find them to be so uncomfortable to fly, I've made connecting flights in ORD instead of flying non-stop.

The main thing with this new seats is, what is the overall seat pitch, and what is the width? It sounds like BS on the knee-room claims, so I'll assume that noses will be closer to the back of the head of the person in front of you then there is now, even in E+. But, are they narrowing the seats in any way?

I agree with the posts, the Airbuses are generally pretty comfortable to fly. I don't watch the video, but I like to listen to channel 9 while reading. What I especially like is that I'm not sitting next to someone who leaves their little personal video on all flight, replaying the same lame ads and "free content" for X hours.

A real step up would be to put the reconfigured 777 seats and A/V system on the Airbus units.