FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 8, 2013, 6:45 pm
apodo77

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by brp
Well, then, that's just wrong. They're the main people who just have to know this. I would write to AA about this- factual and neutral tone. But let them know which airport, time of day, etc. They really have to know about this.

We go to Jazz Fest every year. We've been married 7 years and just went to our 8th Fest together this past weekend. It is a must do. Oh wait, it's really bad...no one should go. Stay away!!!

Cheers.
OK got an update on this and AA will be absolved of any wrong doing although I wonder how many people have been hit by this.

The T&C are first checked bag free 7 days after the card is activated. The flight was purchased 6 days after the card was activated.

She is a newbie and apparently was not aware of this condition when applying for the card so shame on her I suppose.

Also I book AA occasionally and they always entice me for a $100 discount and apply for the card. Wonder how many do that, pay for the flight and expect to be getting free bags. Definitely on the consumer to read all the legalese but I am sure many are expecting free bag on the first flight.

As a goodwill gesture the AA representative comped my wifes account 3000 miles and it was neither expected or necessary once she realized she was in error.