FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars with bluetooth - Florida Driveout
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2013, 5:36 pm
Rut Dog

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by carraher
Will be taking advantage of the one-way Florida driveout promotion. Recently rented a Toyota Avalon with this feature but dont see any available out of Orlando during my time period. Are there other vehicles in Hertz fleet with bluetooth functionality? TIA
It seems that BT is now standard with many newer cars, as an example the Corolla 2012/13 which prior to that (almost?) never had BT.

When you arrive to pickup your car the trick will be finding one they are willing to let go of. The Florida location will want to keep all the newer cars and dump all the old cars.

What I would do: Arrive with plenty of time. I check what I've been pre-assigned and what's in Gold Choice. Then I walk around the lot, making notes of vehicles I might want to get (with whatever features I want, in your case BT).

If somebody asks me what I'm doing, I go proactive. Usually it's a manager who is relieved you are not a car thief, who then gets helpful in finding you what you want.

Now, when you approach the counter you can ask "Can I have the car in stall 300?" which is a lot easier to answer than "Do you have anything with Bluetooth?"

Finally, if you don't get one with what you want, there will be locations in between your departure and destination. You can always try a swap at another location.

Last edited by Rut Dog; May 7, 2013 at 5:43 pm