FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR Schedule Change
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 10:37 am
cagcag

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by ruthenium101
^
I was able to change, for example, AUS-DEN-BWI-LAX-SAN-IAH-AUS to AUS-LAX-BWI-LAX-SAN-EWR-AUS. Cpm went down from 3.69 to 2.46.
Another example was AUS-IAH-BOS-SFO-LAS-EWR-BOS-IAH-AUS. Cpm drop was to 2.06, but also the entire trip is a single itinerary now which I can upgrade to BF for 20K miles, ie all 8 segments.

I don't mean to brag here (I apologize if I come across this way). I simply trying to reiterate the great positives of changes to schedule for MRs. Negatives can be also formidable - I just never experienced them.

Another strategy is to wait until the last day before the run and rebook then to , typically, Y base fare.

Fly safe!
I thank everyone who contributed. Original routings were as follows:

PHL-SFO-PDX-IAH-PHL

I am contemplating requesting: PHL-IAD-SEA-PDX-SEA-IAH-PHL

Any other ideas which will further maximize mileage? By the way, all original flights were same-day return. I would like to keep it like that unless the mileage additions dictate otherwise.

Edit: Any chance of doing something outrageous, such as PHL-MIA-SEA-PDX-SEA-MIA-PHL, or substituting IAH or SFO for SEA, or is this ask?

Looks like routing via MIA will not work with UA, as there are no direct flights, and I am limited to 2 transfers both ways on original booked ticket.

Last edited by cagcag; May 5, 2013 at 4:31 pm Reason: Addition