FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels
Old May 4, 2013, 10:20 am
LarkSFO

Be among the first to test our new App, Guest Services

I am sure this has been reported before, but I could not find a thread... Please merge as necessary.

I received an offer for a 1,000 point bonus for checking in using the app...

Guest Services
By Marriott International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Description
We're on a mission to shape the future of travel and we need your help. To make your Marriott experience even more convenient we've created a complimentary app for Marriott Rewards members that allows you to:

- Mobile Check-in up to two hours before you arrive
- Receive automatic notifications when your room is ready
- Mobile Check-out using your smartphone
- Share your feedback

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO ENJOY THE GUEST SERVICES APP EXPERIENCE.

Be among the first to test out the experience, let us know what you think and help shape the future of travel at our hotels.

This app is only available for use with stays at the following properties:
Marriott Redmond
Marriott Denver West
Marriott BWI Airport
Marriott Cincinnati Airport
Marriott Charleston
Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Marriott Metro Center Washington DC
Marriott Baltimore Waterfront
Marriott San Diego Marquis
Marriott Boston Copley Place

The reviews are coming in! (iTunes Reviews):

Customer Reviews
Great idea, poor execution

by Michael Elliott
So I thought, great, I can just check out on my iPhone instead of calling and leaving a message or dropping but the front desk. But then I discover the app requires your confirmation number to sign in, doesn't connect to my other Marriott app (which is the only place where I can get the conf#, and requires you to sign in the morning of check out (at which time the other Marriott app has stopped showing the reservation and conf #!)

Totally useless for check out.

Waste of time

by Karnie123
It could not even find my reservation by confirmation number. There is no other way to search for a reservation. It should recognize it by member number. This app will be deleted. Good theory. Pathetic application.

Needs work

by toniscarpa
It is a good idea but it need work and rethinking. It needs a reservation number, so I had to go on the Marriott website to get it. Even then it declared the number was invalid.
My suggestion is to have linked to the the website log in and password and to have an iPad version