FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old May 2, 2013, 3:49 pm
FXEpilot77

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by djibouti
That's what I understood... but any idea where I'd fall on the A (SWU) list? Would I get any extra priority by having had one segment already clear?
If the SWU has been used (international leg is cleared and reservation has been retickted), you should be listed as DSR1 (or 2 or 3 depending upon your status). This is ahead of sticker upgrades and SWUs and everything else except oversales (which generally don't occur in F anyway unless there is a downgrade in equipment).

This has to be added manually by an agent, and the ranking with other DSRs of the same elite status (which there probably won't be any since its not used often) is based on checkin time (and through status as well if it applies).

Not all gate agents will process this correctly, though. The RF (not applicable in your case) and DSR codes seem to be interpreted differently by different agents.

Best bet is to go to the counter and explain that you'd like to be listed as DSR because you are now on a C or A ticket. Then go to the club and have them look it up and make sure it was done correctly.

Btw, the waitlist entry for domestic A is cancelled around 24 hours prior to departure, which is different than international. Definitely setup an EF alert for A, and if it you see it, immediately call. The time between removing the waitlist and airport control is open to anyone if inventory pops up. Its fairly rare that A is released that late anyway, but worth keeping track of. This is unique to domestic--international waitlists do not auto cancel.

Last edited by FXEpilot77; May 2, 2013 at 3:54 pm