FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai- Park Hyatt v Andaz
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:52 pm
taipeiflyer

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Shanghai- Park Hyatt v Andaz

Hi everyone, i will be in shanghai in a couple of days. I currently have a reservation at the PH Shanghai. However, I recently received an email stating that the pool will be closed during my stay. It is one of the many incredible features about this property, and I was disappointed to learn of its closure. I currently have a diamond suite upgrade attached to the reservation. I am considering switching my reservation to the Andaz. I know that it is closer to the tourist areas, and I will be in town for only about 2.5 days. I have read through both master lists with respect to both properties, but just wanted to pick the brain of those that have stayed at both properties. Which would you lean towards and why? Although the Hyatt on the Bund is a great property, I have already stayed there several times and want to try something new. Any input is appreciated. For reference, the room rate difference between the PH and Andaz is minimal (only about $25/night more for PH), so it is not factoring into my basis. Thank you very much.