FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:15 pm
chicagofreeman

I called them and was told they will escalate the issue to marketing department. They said it will take 7-10 business days. I do not understand why the points just disappeared. Can you still cancel the transaction and get the points back to the UR account?

Originally Posted by ilc104
I've had the same issue with my Chase UR points to United! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Europe this summer and are flying with Lufthansa. We put our tickets on hold with United in order to transfer UR to our accounts.

On 4/22, I requested a 4K point transfer to my boyfriend's United MileagePlus account to top off his account (we live together so that falls under "domestic partnership"). The transfer went through immediately.

On 4/23, I requested a trasnfer of 38K UR to my United MileagePlus account, but the points didn't go through. The next day, I called Chase to tell them the issue and they told me to wait 72 hours. By that time, my boyfriend had to ticket his award since the deadline was able to expire. I called United and asked them to extend my award. They were able to extend for another 72 hours but that "it would be final".

On 4/26, I called Chase back again to let them know of the issue. They told me that the transfer went through but they would "escalate the issue internally" and I would hear a response within 7-10 business days. I asked that the Chase representative call United with me on the line so they would look into the issue together. With Chase on the line, United was able to extend my award hold for another 72 hours.

Today, 4/29, 6 days after my initial transfer request, the points still have not posted in my United account. I had to repeat the process and call both Chase/United and have United extend my hold explain the situation and I was able to extend my hold on my award ticket until 4/29.for another 72 hours.

This is extremely frustrating since I have an international ticket on hold with United and I have absolutely no idea when my UR points will hit my account! I could cancel my UR transaction but that would take another 7-10 days and I have no idea how much longer I can hold the award travel for. I'm flying with Lufthansa, and it might be harder to hold an award for United. Can anyone help me with this issue????