View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 13, 7:05 am
pricesquire
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings View Post
You are kidding, right? Of ALL of the threads on Alaska Airlines on flyertalk, read the "$110 companion ticket valid for COACH only...."which at present has 859 "replies" and 71,453 "views"-which means the thread is one of the top 3 or so in Alaska's FT history. Many of us, me included, used to love this card! However, Alaska and BofA has so diminished the value of the card that a lot of us have cancelled our accounts. I cancelled 4. Tread very slowly!. There are WAY better cards out there than Alaska's-keep an eye out on www.boardingarea.com for suggestions. In my view, Alaska's present offering is a 1 or 2 on a 1-10 point scale. Check out Chase Sapphire, AMEX Starwood, Chase Ink amongst others. All get you WAY more bang for the buck! good luck.
I'll be honest. When I said "couldn't find much on it"--I had looked on Miles Buzz, Credit Card Programs, Credit Card offers. Then, just to make sure, I looked at the first three pages on the Alaska Air forum. I guess I missed it all around.

Are you so down on the Alaska card because you knew what it once was? I already have the SPG card. I'd go to Chase Sapphire/Ink, but I'm not in the place right now to hit the $3k/3 mos. yet.