View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 13, 11:33 pm
bigbirdwithsilverwings

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by pricesquire View Post
Did a few searches, both via Google and FT, and don't see much on this card. So FT: any luck with this card? Reviews? Positives/negatives? Luck with getting approved? Recon?

Thinking about getting it just for the 25k, which I'll eventually transfer over to AA, DL, BA, Emirates, Qantas, etc....

Looking at straight numbers, I do believe 25,000 miles is "worth" $75. What about you?
You are kidding, right? Of ALL of the threads on Alaska Airlines on flyertalk, read the "$110 companion ticket valid for COACH only...."which at present has 859 "replies" and 71,453 "views"-which means the thread is one of the top 3 or so in Alaska's FT history. Many of us, me included, used to love this card! However, Alaska and BofA has so diminished the value of the card that a lot of us have cancelled our accounts. I cancelled 4. Tread very slowly!. There are WAY better cards out there than Alaska's-keep an eye out on www.boardingarea.com for suggestions. In my view, Alaska's present offering is a 1 or 2 on a 1-10 point scale. Check out Chase Sapphire, AMEX Starwood, Chase Ink amongst others. All get you WAY more bang for the buck! good luck.